This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Debbie Abrahams’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth
- Entered Parliament on 14 January 2011 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Debbie Abrahams
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Debbie Abrahams voted on key issues:
- Voted against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Education, Treasury, Work and Pensions, International Development
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Strychnine, Children in Care, Tax Allowances: Pensions, Energy: Complaints, Free Schools
(based on written questions asked by Debbie Abrahams and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Health and Social Care Bill Committee (39 out of 40)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Justice: Topical Questions (21 May 2013)
“I am very grateful, Mr Speaker. I was going to ask the Secretary of State about legal aid. A vulnerable constituent of mine was charged on four separate occasions, and her solicitor, whom she appointed, was able to support her throughout. That ability is under threat from the legal aid proposals. Why is the Secretary of State proposing restrictions on access to legal aid for the vulnerable...”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Syria (20 May 2013)
“What action has been taken to date to bring together the different factions of the opposition and what are the Foreign Secretary’s plans for that in the future?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 65.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Debbie Abrahams’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 43 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register