This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on David Ward’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for Bradford East
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by David Ward
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How David Ward voted on key issues:
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education, Work and Pensions, Home Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Health
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Burma, Entry Clearances, Social Services, Employment: Bradford, Free Schools
(based on written questions asked by David Ward and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Localism Bill Committee (18 out of 24)
- Education Act 1996 (Travelling Families) (18 Jun 2013)
“Will my hon. Friend give way?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Topical Questions (18 Jun 2013)
“Earlier, the Foreign Secretary reaffirmed the Government’s opposition to the boycott of settlement goods. Would he be prepared to provide some moral leadership by saying that he will personally agree to boycott such goods?”
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Job Creation: Bradford (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what estimate his Department has made of the number of jobs created in Bradford in each of the last five years.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 69.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Ward’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 57 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register