This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on David Mundell’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale, Former Conservative MSP for South of Scotland
- Also represented South of Scotland
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Scotland (since 14 May 2010) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 5 May 2005 — General election
- Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
- Left the Scottish Parliament on 17 June 2005 — Resigned
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by David Mundell
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How David Mundell voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Scotland, Treasury, Trade and Industry, Work and Pensions, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Elections, Business: Government Assistance, Postal Services, Joint Ministerial Committee, Homecoming Scotland
(based on written questions asked by David Mundell and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PARTNERSHIPS (PROSECUTION) (SCOTLAND) BILL [LORDS] Committee (1 out of 1)
- Driving Instruction (Suspension and Exemption Powers) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Scotland: Clothing (20 May 2013)
“The Scotland Office does not separately record claims for evening dress hire.”
- Written Answers — Scotland: Conditions of Employment (20 May 2013)
“No staff in the Scotland Office are employed on a zero-hours contract.”
- Written Answers — Scotland: Inflation (20 May 2013)
“The Scotland Office uses measures of inflation for a range of analytical purposes, including in respect of the Scottish economy.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Mundell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 200 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05||2003/04||2002/03||2001/02|
|Staying away from main home||£19,447 (312th)||£22,177 (285th)||£22,079 (224th)||£19,177|
|Office running costs||£25,727 (44th)||£28,618 (19th)||£27,503 (52nd)||£28,329|
|Staffing costs||£88,149 (477th)||£78,977 (547th)||£84,185 (329th)||£71,095|
|Communications Allowance||£14,402 (32nd)||£11,597 (55th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£20,835 (14th)1||£18,331 (27th)2||£21,681 (17th)||£16,210|
|Members' Staff Travel||£168 (298th)||£478 (joint 218th with 1 other)||£726 (171st)||£683|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£571 (202nd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£1,284 (12th)||£1,090 (19th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£6,971 (joint 38th with 1 other)||£1,585 (78th)||£2,185 (84th)||£1,706|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£4,743 (82nd)||£7,309 (72nd)||£5,029||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,020 (563rd)||£930 (joint 523rd with 22 others)||£930|
|Total||£176,983 (30th)||£169,187 (20th)||£166,598 (10th)||£143,159|
2 Regular journeys between home/constituency/Westminster: Mileage £5,337 (83rd). Rail £2,950 (294th). Air £7,899 (60th). Misc £845 (42nd). Other: Mileage £172 (36th). Rail £182 (87th). European £946 (61st).