This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on David Jones’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Clwyd West
- Entered Parliament on 5 May 2005 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by David Jones
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How David Jones voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Trade and Industry, Health, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Computer Data, Departmental Publications, Wind Farms, HM Revenue and Customs, Police
(based on written questions asked by David Jones and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Marriage (Wales) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Marine and Coastal Access Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Planning Bill Committee (16 out of 18)
- Compensation Bill Committee (0 out of 4)
- Transport (Wales) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Company Law Reform Bill Committee (20 out of 22)
No data to display.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Jones’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 157 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05||2003/04||2002/03||2001/02|
|Staying away from main home||£16,750 (392nd)||£22,632 (253rd)||£21,014 (349th)||£21,299|
|Office running costs||£18,495 (290th)||£18,588 (316th)||£17,797 (481st)||£21,702|
|Staffing costs||£86,527 (497th)||£81,955 (494th)||£76,207 (539th)||£57,389|
|Communications Allowance||£9,628 (267th)||£9,806 (183rd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£13,309 (102nd)1||£10,917 (190th)2||£9,967 (217th)||£9,111|
|Members' Staff Travel||£199 (286th)||£196 (joint 327th with 1 other)||£102 (joint 379th with 1 other)||£392|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£666 (170th)||£560 (207th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£3,128 (359th)||£497 (492nd)||£572 (492nd)||£537|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£2,011 (373rd)||£1,375 (524th)||£1,689||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£984 (585th)||£945 (joint 490th with 1 other)||£945|
|Other Costs||£1,661 (73rd)||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£150,361 (325th)||£148,146 (306th)||£127,979 (481st)||£113,064|
1 Regular journeys between home/constituency/Westminster: Mileage £4,055 (180th). Rail £4,562 (204th). Air £1,411 (86th). Misc £555 (68th). Other: Mileage £30 (81st). Air £467 (9th). European £2,229 (13th).