This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Daniel Poulter’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Daniel Poulter
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Daniel Poulter voted on key issues:
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Education, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Energy and Climate Change, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Poultry: Animal Welfare, General Practitioners, NHS: Pensions, Ambulance Services: Standards, NHS: Drugs
(based on written questions asked by Daniel Poulter and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Health and Social Care Bill Committee (38 out of 40)
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Employment: Mental Illness (21 May 2013)
“I have been asked to reply on behalf of the Department of Health. The Department of Health's Public Health Responsibility Deal Health at Work Network aims to improve public health throughout the workplace. It includes a pledge for employers to make reasonable workplace adjustments to ensure that people with mental health conditions can continue to work effectively. Through the NHS outcomes...”
- Written Answers — Health: Dental Health: Children (21 May 2013)
“None. Parents and children are generally advised not to attempt to clean inside the ear canal in case they damage its lining.”
- Written Answers — Health: Derriford Hospital (21 May 2013)
“The Department is aware of recent never events that have occurred at the Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust. We understand the Trust has implemented a number of immediate actions to safeguard patients pending the outcome of the formal investigations. NHS England has established a Surgical Never Events Task Force to examine the reasons why there are still a relatively high proportion of never events...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 90 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Daniel Poulter’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 129 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register