This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
- Entered Parliament on 4 March 2011 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Dan Jarvis
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Dan Jarvis voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Culture Media and Sport, Health, Business, Innovation and Skills, Defence, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Arts, Design Services, Departmental Publications, Public Libraries, Research
(based on written questions asked by Dan Jarvis and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Live Music Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Education: Pupils: Attendance (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education what the average attendance rate is for schools in (a) Barnsley local education authority area, (b) Barnsley Central constituency, (c) South Yorkshire and (d) England.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Gift Aid (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will take steps to make it easier for charities to access gift aid from small donations made in the workplace.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Apprentices (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many apprentices are employed by his Department; and how many such apprentices are aged (a) under 19, (b) between 19 and 25, (c) between 26 and 30, (d) between 31 and 60 and (e) over 60.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 511 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register