This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Damian Hinds’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for East Hampshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Damian Hinds
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Damian Hinds voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education, Business, Innovation and Skills, Treasury, Transport, Health
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Gcse, A3: Hampshire, Higher Education: Admissions, Departmental Internet, Education: Assessments
(based on written questions asked by Damian Hinds and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Mental Health (Discrimination) (No. 2) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Written Answers — Education: Teachers: Qualifications (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education what proportion of newly-qualified teachers graduated in each degree class in each Government office region in the last year for which figures are available.”
- Written Answers — Education: Teachers: Vacancies (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education what the ratio of applicants to vacancies was for newly-qualified teachers in each Government office region, in the last year for which figures are available.”
- Business of the House (13 Jun 2013)
“Following the earlier request from the hon. Member for St Helens North (Mr Watts) for a debate on payday loans, and given the welcome announcement from my right hon. Friend the Prime Minister yesterday about easing restrictions on credit unions in the short-term loans market and ongoing Government support for credit unions and the expansion project, may we have a debate that combines how to...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 70 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 90.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Damian Hinds’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 98 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register