This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Christopher Pincher’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Tamworth
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Christopher Pincher
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Christopher Pincher voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Energy and Climate Change, Education, Treasury, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): High Speed 2 Railway Line, Railways: Construction, Nuclear Waste, Electricity, Green Deal Scheme
(based on written questions asked by Christopher Pincher and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Business of the House (16 May 2013)
“May we have a debate on job provision and particularly the role that job clubs can play in helping people to find work? We have three job clubs in Tamworth, and I have no doubt that they have played their part in helping people find work and reducing local unemployment—down by 314 over the last 12 months to the benefit of local families and households.”
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“Is that the “borrow, borrow, borrow” advice that the shadow Chancellor gave to the President of France, whose deficit is well above the EU average and whose economy has shrunk by 0.2%? Is that the kind of advice he is giving to his fraternal friend?”
- Jobs and Business (10 May 2013)
“Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 91.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Christopher Pincher’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register