This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Chris Williamson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Derby North
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Chris Williamson
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Chris Williamson voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Transport, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Thameslink Railway Line, Occupied Territories, Fire Services, Thameslink Railway Line: Rolling Stock, Israel
(based on written questions asked by Chris Williamson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Local Government Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Bread and Flour Regulations 1998 (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs with reference to the costings contained in the Bread and Flour Regulations 1998 Consultation Impact Assessment, what the costs would be to the (a) quarrying, (b) manufacture and (c) distribution industries of his proposals.”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Horse Racing (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (1) if he will estimate the number of racehorses killed outright or destroyed on UK racecourses or shortly afterwards due to injury sustained in (a) flat, (b) all weather and (c) national hunt racing in (i) 2010, (ii) 2011 and (iii) 2012; (2) if he will make an estimate of the number of racehorses killed outright or...”
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“Will the Chancellor at least acknowledge that when he came into office he inherited a growing economy, and his policies have led to it flatlining?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 125 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Williamson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 133 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register