This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Chris Kelly’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Dudley South
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Chris Kelly
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Chris Kelly voted on key issues:
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Education, Health, Culture Media and Sport, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Research, Government Procurement Card, Audit Commission: Expenditure, GP Budget Holding, Policy Research
(based on written questions asked by Chris Kelly and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Scrap Metal Dealers Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Terrorist Asset-Freezing Etc. Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Business of the House: Sittings of the House (Wednesday 17 April) (16 Apr 2013)
- CCTV: European Council (11 Feb 2013)
“I heartily congratulate my right hon. Friend who has shown that he is an adept negotiator and demonstrated resilience without the need to wield a handbag. Can he suggest any ways to improve EU negotiations so that they do not involve all-night sittings that are designed to wear down Heads of Government?”
- Written Answers — Women and Equalities: Research (12 Dec 2012)
“To ask the Minister for Women and Equalities what external policy research her Department has commissioned in each of the last six years; which organisation was commissioned to provide each such piece of research; and what the cost of each such piece of research was.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Kelly’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register