This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Chi Onwurah’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Newcastle upon Tyne Central
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Chi Onwurah
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Chi Onwurah voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Culture Media and Sport, Cabinet Office, Health, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Travel and Subsistence Payments, Departmental Chief Scientific Advisers, Broadband, Government Procurement Card, Government Departments: Procurement
(based on written questions asked by Chi Onwurah and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (16 out of 17)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Westminster Hall (25 Jun 2013)
“New techniques for preventing mitochondrial disease – Chi Onwurah.”
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Business: Human Rights (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs when he plans to publish his Department's business and human rights strategy; and what the reasons are for the time taken to publish that strategy.”
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Open Government Partnership (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office when he intends to publish the Open Government Partnership Action Plan.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 332 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chi Onwurah’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register