This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Charlie Elphicke’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Dover
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Charlie Elphicke
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Charlie Elphicke voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Transport, Communities and Local Government, Treasury, Cabinet Office
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Government Procurement Card, Trust Ports, Public Bodies, Revenue and Customs: Government Procurement Card, Deportation
(based on written questions asked by Charlie Elphicke and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (17 out of 19)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Crime and Courts Bill Committee (13 out of 13)
- Welfare Reform Bill Committee (23 out of 26)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Wreck Removal Convention Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Public Services (Social Enterprise and Social Value) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Work Capability Assessment (20 May 2013)
“I thank the Minister for that answer. Does it not indicate that the Government take ESA very seriously and are being diligent in providing unconditional support to those who need it?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Live Animal Exports (16 May 2013)
“If he will consider banning live animal exports from British ports; and if he will make a statement.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Charlie Elphicke’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 217 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register