This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Cathy Jamieson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Kilmarnock and Loudoun
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Cathy Jamieson
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Cathy Jamieson voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Scotland, Defence, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Public Expenditure, Armed Forces: Young People, Criminal Injuries Compensation, Children: Maintenance, Animal Experiments: Scotland
(based on written questions asked by Cathy Jamieson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Small Charitable Donations Bill Committee (10 out of 10)
- Financial Services (Banking Reform)Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (4 out of 4)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill Committee (5 out of 6)
- Financial Services Bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Pensions Bill Committee (6 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Health: Anaemia (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health what recent discussions he has had with the Cabinet Secretary for Health in Scotland regarding the incidence of aplastic anaemia with idiopathic causes.”
- Written Answers — Health: Organs: Scotland (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health what recent discussions he has had with the Cabinet Secretary for Health in the Scottish Government regarding cross-border organ allocation.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Housing Market (14 May 2013)
“When the priority should be helping first-time buyers, will the Chief Secretary finally rule out the Help to Buy scheme being used to buy second homes—yes or no?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 419 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Cathy Jamieson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 166 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register