This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Caroline Flint’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Don Valley
- Entered Parliament on 1 May 1997 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Caroline Flint
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Caroline Flint voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted moderately for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a transparent Parliament. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Energy and Climate Change, Communities and Local Government, Treasury, Home Department, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Energy, Warm Front Scheme, Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs, Solar Power, Green Deal Scheme
(based on written questions asked by Caroline Flint and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Children, Schools and Families Bill Committee (12 out of 12)
- Planning and Energy Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Health Bill Committee (11 out of 12)
- Serious Organised Crime and Police Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Drugs Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- Anti-social Behaviour Bill Committee (8 out of 12)
- Crime (International Co-operation) Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Education Bill Committee (14 out of 20)
- High Hedges Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Renewable Energy (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what assessment he has made of the remit of the local energy assessment fund; and if he will make a statement.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 290 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 33 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Caroline Flint’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 715 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£19,383 (314th)||£20,861 (352nd)||£22,108 (joint 188th with 3 others)||£21,634||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£20,317 (joint 189th with 1 other)||£19,718 (joint 250th with 2 others)||£14,580 (399th)|
|London costs||£0||£0||£0||£0||£1,618 (joint 1st with 118 others)||£1,255 (joint 107th with 10 others)||£0||£0|
|Office running costs||£18,263 (297th)||£19,114 (288th)||£12,920 (584th)||£16,502||£16,131 (441st)||£16,693 (539th)||£18,230 (joint 203rd with 4 others)||£13,487 (397th)|
|Staffing costs||£79,827 (571st)||£89,319 (260th)||£86,147 (251st)||£67,703||£59,313 (616th)||£68,023 (joint 228th with 71 others)||£60,614 (512th)||£46,225 (309th)|
|Communications Allowance||£7,137 (398th)||£9,580 (224th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£9,088 (242nd)1||£8,918 (258th)2||£8,560 (284th)||£7,165||£9,727 (343rd)||£10,391 (314th)||£11,073 (283rd)||£7,610 (339th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£60 (joint 363rd with 1 other)||£0||£407 (250th)||£803||£1,041 (179th)||£987 (165th)||£1,517 (joint 94th with 1 other)||£94 (joint 406th with 1 other)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£1,457 (80th)||£2,391 (45th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£6,979 (joint 30th with 1 other)||£1,269 (135th)||£1,316 (193rd)||£786||£3,074 (50th)||£1,546 (121st)||£1,303 (joint 214th with 2 others)||£897 (375th)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£5,730 (11th)||£3,217 (joint 263rd with 1 other)||£1,358||£10,245 (42nd)||£5,934 (82nd)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,591 (10th)||£1,330 (35th)||£137||£2,021 (joint 38th with 8 others)||£2,021 (joint 34th with 8 others)||£2,021 (joint 34th with 8 others)||£2,021 (joint 33rd with 8 others)|
|Total||£142,194 (424th)||£158,773 (114th)||£136,005 (361st)||£116,088||£124,072 (306th)||£127,167 (168th)||£114,476 (291st)||£84,914 (408th)|