This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Anna Soubry
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Anna Soubry voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Culture Media and Sport, Justice, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Transport, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Mobile Phones, Contract Rights Renewal Merger Undertakings, Roads: Accidents, Gambia, Developing Countries
(based on written questions asked by Anna Soubry and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Defamation Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Health and Social Care Bill Committee (39 out of 40)
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders bill Committee (12 out of 18)
- Written Answers — Health: Abortion (21 May 2013)
“The Department's publication, ‘Abortion Statistics, England and Wales: 2012’, will be published in July 2013. Abortion statistics are typically published in May or June each year. The Department is currently consulting users of abortion statistics on proposed changes to the publication, in particular the most effective way to present the detailed geography tables. The consultation...”
- Written Answers — Health: Accident and Emergency Departments (21 May 2013)
“National health service bodies are responsible for considering what staffing levels are necessary and appropriate within their organisations, as well as the health and well-being of their staff. Therefore, the Department has not issued any central guidance on these issues. NHS England's Urgent and Emergency Care Review, led by Sir Bruce Keogh, is taking a holistic look at the complex issues...”
- Written Answers — Health: Breast Cancer (21 May 2013)
“The information is not available in the format requested. Information on the number of women screened for England, the West Midlands strategic health authority (SHA) and Birmingham is provided in the following table. Number of women screened (aged 45 and over) for England, West Midlands SHA and selected Breast Screening Units, 2009 to 2012 Reporting year 2009-10...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 160 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anna Soubry’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register