This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Angus MacNeil’s activity (no more than once per day)
Scottish National Party MP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
- Entered Parliament on 5 May 2005 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Angus MacNeil
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Angus MacNeil voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Treasury, Defence, Scotland, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Cabinet: Glasgow, Departmental Lost Property, Departmental Visits Abroad, Disabled, Correspondence
(based on written questions asked by Angus MacNeil and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
- Prisons (Interference with Wireless Telegraphy) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Daylight Saving Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Petrol Prices (15 May 2013)
“My constituents in the Hebrides have felt ripped off by the highest fuel prices in the UK for years, and shockingly we now hear of raids associated with suspected price fixing on huge oil companies—household names. Will the Secretary of State ensure that if there are any fines, they are passed on to hard-pressed motorists who might have been ripped off, so that my constituents in Lewis,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 49.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus MacNeil’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 226 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05||2003/04||2002/03||2001/02|
|Staying away from main home||£19,465 (310th)||£20,228 (383rd)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£21,634|
|Office running costs||£12,463 (522nd)||£16,743 (406th)||£21,416 (217th)||£18,366|
|Staffing costs||£69,548 (613th)||£70,096 (609th)||£86,299 (237th)||£40,607|
|Communications Allowance||£5,864 (452nd)||£1,036 (577th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£31,524 (2nd)1||£36,322 (1st)2||£37,273 (1st)||£27,976|
|Members' Staff Travel||£0||£209 (320th)||£789 (158th)||£424|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£323 (244th)||£482 (joint 215th with 1 other)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£622 (31st)||£1,018 (21st)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£1,775 (543rd)||£70 (637th)||£188 (631st)||£443|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£770 (593rd)||£853 (600th)||£2,756||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,173 (joint 372nd with 1 other)||£1,043 (joint 353rd with 5 others)||£895|
|Total||£141,583 (431st)||£148,147 (305th)||£169,971 (7th)||£113,101|