This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andy Sawford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Corby
- Entered Parliament on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andy Sawford
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andy Sawford voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Justice, Work and Pensions, Business, Innovation and Skills, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Community Orders: Greater London, Accident and Emergency Departments: Kettering, Health Services: Midlands, Domestic Visits, Enterprise Zones
(based on written questions asked by Andy Sawford and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (19 out of 19)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Nato: National Memorial Arboretum (17 Jun 2013)
“On Armed Forces day at the National Memorial Arboretum and around the country, I hope that hon. Members will join me in remembering Lance Corporal James Ashworth, who was recently posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross for his conspicuous bravery in Afghanistan; he is only its 14th recipient since the second world war. The commitment of our troops in the field in Afghanistan lends itself to...”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Renewable Energy: Corby (12 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change if he will visit Corby and meet representatives of Electric Corby.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (12 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what the average response time was of the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency to queries raised with them by veterans in the latest period for which figures are available.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 57 debates since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 67 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andy Sawford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register