This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew McDonald’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Middlesbrough
We’re missing a photo of Andrew McDonald. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 30 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew McDonald
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew McDonald voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Communities and Local Government, Justice, Defence, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill, Compensation Recovery Unit, Armed Forces: Compensation, Jobseekers (Back to Work Schemes) Bill, Fire Services
(based on written questions asked by Andrew McDonald and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Westminster Hall (5 Jun 2013)
“East Coast Main Line franchise – Andrew McDonald.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Justice: Legal Aid (21 May 2013)
“Is not a defendant’s freedom and ability to instruct a solicitor of their own choosing the fundamental basis of our criminal justice system? Will not these proposals restrict the numbers of corporate entities, with vested interests and conflicts of interests, running prisons, probation services and representing defendants? And if Eddie Stobart gets a contract, why do not the Government...”
- Cleveland Fire Authority (13 May 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 17 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew McDonald’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register