This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew Lansley’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for South Cambridgeshire
- Entered Parliament on 1 May 1997 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew Lansley
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew Lansley voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted very strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Treasury, Home Department, Education and Skills, Defence
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): NHS: Finance, Influenza, NHS Finance, General Practitioners, Dentistry
(based on written questions asked by Andrew Lansley and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Health Bill Committee (10 out of 12)
- Human Tissue Bill Committee (5 out of 8)
- Water Bill Committee (8 out of 11)
- Communications Bill Committee (25 out of 25)
- Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Bill Committee (18 out of 23)
- Enterprise Bill Committee (9 out of 19)
- Sex Discrimination (Election Candidates) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Written Answers — Leader of the House: Scotland (20 May 2013)
- Business of the House (16 May 2013)
“The business for next week will be as follows: Monday 20 May—Remaining stages of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill (Day 1). Tuesday 21 May—Conclusion of the remaining stages of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, followed by motion to approve a European document relating to Syria. The business for the week commencing 3 June will be: Monday 3 June—Remaining stages of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 285 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Lansley’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1563 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£21,452 (232nd)||£21,399 (319th)||£19,696 (399th)||£20,110||£17,165 (424th)||£20,107 (241st)||£19,242 (346th)||£16,580 (113th)|
|Office running costs||£16,554 (379th)||£18,067 (346th)||£19,329 (412th)||£17,462||£15,227 (joint 482nd with 1 other)||£18,375 (421st)||£18,234 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£13,395 (402nd)|
|Staffing costs||£97,923 (237th)||£93,046 (101st)||£84,368 (321st)||£68,589||£68,276 (444th)||£64,781 (449th)||£60,275 (520th)||£45,270 (355th)|
|Communications Allowance||£10,440 (161st)||£9,944 (joint 153rd with 1 other)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£7,423 (315th)1||£6,951 (353rd)2||£5,916 (408th)||£5,822||£7,378 (449th)||£4,555 (539th)||£5,996 (484th)||£3,957 (519th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£203 (joint 280th with 2 others)||£0||£31 (joint 421st with 1 other)||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£243 (joint 261st with 1 other)||£428 (228th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£5,612 (140th)||£1,180 (164th)||£978 (joint 289th with 1 other)||£756||£813 (355th)||£1,102 (222nd)||£729 (joint 457th with 1 other)||£1,215 (joint 257th with 1 other)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£3,913 (joint 141st with 1 other)||£4,515 (160th)||£3,849||£3,195 (246th)||£4,798 (joint 124th with 1 other)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,178 (joint 364th with 1 other)||£873 (joint 577th with 3 others)||£506||£1,696 (519th)||£1,696 (509th)||£1,191 (607th)||£1,191 (525th)|
|Other Costs||£11,300 (11th)||£305 (joint 84th with 1 other)||£0||£2,100||£11,591 (12th)||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£171,150 (70th)||£156,411 (158th)||£135,706 (366th)||£119,194||£125,341 (288th)||£115,414 (404th)||£105,667 (479th)||£81,608 (463rd)|
2 Regular journeys between home/constituency/Westminster: Mileage £3,125 (283rd). Rail £1,822 (361st). Misc £46 (202nd). Other: Mileage £72 (61st). Rail £1,322 (14th). Air £179 (35th). European £385 (118th).