This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew Jones
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew Jones voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Education, Health, Communities and Local Government, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Common Agricultural Policy, Food, Digital Broadcasting: Radio, Broadband, Corporation Tax
(based on written questions asked by Andrew Jones and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Crime and Courts Bill Committee (11 out of 13)
- Business of the House (13 Jun 2013)
“In the context of pressure on household incomes, in Harrogate and Knaresborough we are benefiting from the fourth consecutive year of a council tax freeze from the Conservative-run borough council. We benefited disproportionately from the cut in fuel duty; I do not know whether we benefited disproportionately from the cut in beer duty, but I do know that in April, 1,833 people were taken out...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 92.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Jones’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 38 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register