This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew Griffiths’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Burton
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew Griffiths
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew Griffiths voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Education, Health, Home Department, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Gcse, Drugs: Rehabilitation, Prisons: Drugs, Public Expenditure, Children in Care
(based on written questions asked by Andrew Griffiths and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Disabled Persons' Parking Badges Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Live Music Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
No data to display.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 158 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Griffiths’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 95 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register