This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrew Bridgen’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for North West Leicestershire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrew Bridgen
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrew Bridgen voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Communities and Local Government, Transport, Treasury, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Recruitment, Plants, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust, High Speed 2 Railway Line, Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs
(based on written questions asked by Andrew Bridgen and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- HGV Road User Levy Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (13 out of 17)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office: Work Programme (19 Jun 2013)
“Has my hon. Friend noted the figures from the Department for Work and Pensions that show that voluntary and community based organisations, such as Whitwick Community Enterprises in my constituency, make up the largest proportion of workplace providers under the Work programme at 47%?”
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Charity Commission (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what steps he is taking to clarify and reinforce the objectives of the Charity Commission.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 99 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Bridgen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 89 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register