This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for South Northamptonshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andrea Leadsom
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andrea Leadsom voted on key issues:
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Treasury, Health, Education, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): High Speed 2 Railway Line, High Speed Two Railway Line, Health Education: Sex, High Speed Two, Livestock: Transport
(based on written questions asked by Andrea Leadsom and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (8 out of 9)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (16 out of 19)
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Bovine Tuberculosis (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what assessment he has made of the adequacy of testing arrangements for tuberculosis in cattle; and what steps he is taking to improve those arrangements.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Offenders: Rehabilitation (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice (1) if he will make it his policy that the Probation Service should not use door-to-door selling as part of the rehabilitation of young offenders; (2) whether there are any statutory requirements for probation officers to offer training to offenders as door-to-door salesmen as part of their rehabilitation programme.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 100 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 171 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register