This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Alison McGovern’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Wirral South
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Alison McGovern
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Alison McGovern voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Health, Business, Innovation and Skills, International Development, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Health Services: Older People, Supermarkets, Developing Countries: Cotton, Northwest Regional Development Agency, Vocational Guidance
(based on written questions asked by Alison McGovern and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (13 out of 13)
- Savings Accounts and Health in Pregnancy Grant Bill Committee (7 out of 8)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Council Tax Benefits (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how much each English local authority awarded in council tax benefit in 2011-12.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Wales: Enterprise Zones (15 May 2013)
“It is indeed heartening to hear the Secretary of State speak supportively of the Wrexham to Bidston line upgrade project, which we want to see happen. Does he welcome Network Rail’s publication of its Long Term Planning Process, which sees connections between Wrexham and Liverpool being much improved, and can MPs from Merseyside also be invited to any such meeting he might convene?”
- Cost of Living (14 May 2013)
“While we are wondering what the great Nye Bevan might have said, may I ask my hon. Friend whether he thinks that, if Nye Bevan were around today, he might have said “Vote Labour”?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 62.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alison McGovern’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 98 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register