Does Victoria Prentis respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Victoria Prentis responded to a
high proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Victoria Prentis’s voting in Parliament
Victoria Prentis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Victoria Prentis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Victoria Prentis consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Victoria Prentis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Victoria Prentis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Victoria Prentis has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Will my hon. Friend give way?
My hon. Friend is making a passionate speech about various areas of the economy. Has he considered how leaving the EU might affect manufacturing industries, including a company in my constituency that has today told me that it has written to its employees to implore them to vote to remain?
I spent 20 years as a human rights lawyer, and for much of that time I represented the Prison Service. I remember when I was young and keen and thought I was at the cutting edge of human rights law. With hindsight, cases came and went and not a lot changed. Human rights law has not of itself reformed prisons, although it did produce a lot of work for lawyers. What has changed is the spotlight...
More of Victoria Prentis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Banbury
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Justice
- Cabinet Office
- National Probation Service for England and Wales: Staff
- Political Parties: Finance
Currently held offices
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (since 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (since 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Victoria Prentis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Victoria Prentis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Bloxham Mill Ltd
Address of donor: Bloxham Mill, Barford Road, Bloxham, Banbury OX15 4FF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 03897245
(Registered 05 June 2015
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Aston Martin Racing
Address of donor: Banbury, Oxfordshire OX16 3ER
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: four tickets to the hospitality suite at the World Endurance Championship
with a value of £50 each, plus lunch at around £32.50 a head, total £330
Date received: 16 April 2016
Date accepted: 16 April 2016
Donor status: company, registration 06201557
(Registered 06 May 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from