Byron Davies’s voting in Parliament
Byron Davies is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Byron Davies’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Byron Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Byron Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Byron Davies never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what progress he has made on Action 36 of the UK Anti-Corruption Plan; and when he expects corporate criminal liability to be introduced.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, whether it is his policy that the science ring-fence will remain in place.
I am grateful for the opportunity to speak on this issue of critical importance. As the Prime Minister said yesterday, this is the biggest challenge facing countries across Europe today. Many people have taken the perilous journey, fleeing the ravages of the conflict that has torn Syria apart. They are fleeing the terrors of Bashar al-Assad, ISIL and other perpetrators of the terrible and...
More of Byron Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Gower
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Office
- National Crime Agency: Finance
- Science: Finance
- Energy: Disadvantaged
Currently held offices
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Byron Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
29 May 2015, payment of £1,164.34 for my duties as an Assembly Member, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff CF99 1NA. Hours: no hours worked since the Election. (Registered 05 June 2015)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: United and Cecil Club
Address of donor: Munslows, 2nd Floor, New Penberal House, 283-288 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: members' association
(Registered 05 June 2015)
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel
Address of donor: 41 Whitehall, London SW1A 2BY
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation; £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Date of visit: 30 August - 4 September 2015
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation
(Registered 17 September 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Cardiff: (i) (Registered 05 June 2015)
House in Ceredigion: (i) (Registered 05 June 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Gillian Davies, as part-time Communications Officer. (Registered 14 July 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from