Does Tulip Siddiq respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Tulip Siddiq responded to a
medium proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Tulip Siddiq’s voting in Parliament
Tulip Siddiq is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Tulip Siddiq sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tulip Siddiq generally voted against more EU integration, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Tulip Siddiq generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tulip Siddiq’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tulip Siddiq’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tulip Siddiq has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to the Answer of 3 March 2016 to Question 28999, how many (a) credibility interviews were conducted and (b) students did not undergo such interviews in each year from 2009-10 to 2015-16.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, with reference to the Answers of 25 May 2016 and 31 March 2016 to Questions 37757 and 31997, if he will publish data on referrals made by the Pay and Work Rights Helpline in 2014-15.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will make an assessment of the potential environmental and safety benefits of using single rather than double-decker buses during off-peak times on journeys with small numbers of passengers.
More of Tulip Siddiq’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hampstead and Kilburn
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Ministry of Justice
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Money Laundering
- Employment: Telephone Services
- Business: Taxation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Tulip Siddiq’s speeches
- Has received answers to 380 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tulip Siddiq’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Philip Healey
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Date received: 13 November 2014
Date accepted: 13 November 2014
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 June 2015
Name of donor: The PCAA
Address of donor: PO
Box 4015, London W1A 6NH
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return Eurostar, one night’s accommodation and food; £500
Destination of visit: Paris
Date of visit: 7-8 October 2015
Purpose of visit: delegation of MPs with the APPG
Against Anti-Semitism to discuss the rise in anti-semitic incidents across Europe and debate best practice in dealing with these issues.
(Registered 01 December 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
Until June 2015, flat in Dhaka, owned jointly with a family member: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015; updated 18 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from