Liz McInnes’s voting in Parliament
Liz McInnes is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Liz McInnes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Liz McInnes consistently voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz McInnes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz McInnes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz McInnes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to take part in this debate on the Queen’s Speech and to follow the hon. Member for Romsey and Southampton North (Caroline Nokes). I agree with her about the importance of early-years education. She made an important point. There was a major omission from this Queen’s Speech. Following the Government’s U-turn on forced academisation, we will have a Bill...
I do not agree with the hon. Gentleman, and that is certainly not what is going on in my constituency, which I will elaborate on. The number of part-time students and mature students applying to go to university has plummeted since the introduction of tuition fees.
I thank the hon. Lady for that intervention. I will go on to talk about further education, which is a key part of my speech. The Minister for Universities and Science is no longer here, but I would like to point out that Labour is not opposed to new universities, despite the Minister’s assumption. For his information, it was the Tory press that dubbed University College London...
More of Liz McInnes’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service: Standards
- East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service: Staff
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 128 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz McInnes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 90 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2014: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 79.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz McInnes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £7,200
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 June 2015
Name of donor: RMT
Address of donor: 39 Chalton Street, London NW1 1JD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from