Mike Kane’s voting in Parliament
Mike Kane is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Mike Kane’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Kane’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Kane’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Kane has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps his Department is taking to encourage investment in (a) sustainable aircraft fuels and (b) other renewable technology.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what plans his Department has to include producers of aviation fuel within the ambit of the Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation.
The hon. Gentleman is making a powerful case against austerity, with which I agree, but the SNP Holyrood Administration in Edinburgh is forcing £130 million of cuts on Glasgow City Council, which covers one of the poorest areas in the country. How does that measure up with what he has been saying?
More of Mike Kane’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wythenshawe and Sale East
Entered the House of Commons on 13 February 2014 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Police: Finance
- Manchester Airport: Air Passenger Duty
- British Overseas Territories: Companies
- Developing Countries: Disability
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (24 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mike Kane’s speeches
- Has received answers to 75 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Kane’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Communication Workers Union
Address of donor: 150 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London SW19 1RX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,809.08 in meeting the printing costs of campaign material
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 08 June 2015
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Catholic Bishops
’ Conference of England and Wales
Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: an educational allowance of £5,218.55 and accommodation provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 10 months: 12 October 2015
– July 2016
Date received: 12 October 2015
Date accepted: 12 October 2015
Donor status: registered charity
(Registered 16 October 2015)
Unremunerated director of Movement for Change, Eurolink Centre, 49 Effra Road, London SW2 1B2 (Registered 12 June 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from