This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Sarah Champion’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Rotherham
We’re missing a photo of Sarah Champion. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 30 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Sarah Champion
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Sarah Champion voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Transport Committee (since 10 Dec 2012)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Justice, Work and Pensions, Health, Business, Innovation and Skills, Cabinet Office
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Probation, NHS: Finance, Universal Credit, Probation: Females, Childbirth
(based on written questions asked by Sarah Champion and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill Committee (15 out of 15)
- Offender Rehabilitation Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Social Housing (10 Dec 2013)
“The Government have presided over the lowest level of house building since the 1920s—[Interruption.] Is it not clear that we need bold action to boost housing supply, especially social housing, and to deal with housing demand?”
- Written Answers — Health: Childbirth (10 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many births per full-time equivalent NHS midwife there were in (a) England and (b) each region in each of the last five years.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 68.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 27 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sarah Champion’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register