Never rebels against their party in this parliament
How Sarah Champion voted on key issues
- Voted for a smoking banDetails
- Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted against increasing the rate of VATDetails
More on their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Education (1) how many children's centres have closed since May 2010; (2) how many children's centres which moved outside of local authority control are still in operation under a new legal structure, such as a charity or co-operative, since 2010; (3) how many children's centres are currently (a) run by private sector companies and (b) consulting on...
To ask the Secretary of State for Education what funds were ringfenced for children's centres in 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education what funds other than funding for disadvantaged two year olds are ringfenced for children's centres in the current financial year.
More of Sarah Champion's recent appearances
Labour MP for Rotherham
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- NHS: Finance
- Children’s Centres
- Offenders: Rehabilitation
- Taxation: Gaming Machines
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Feb 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-91 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY for completing surveys:
Received fee of £200 on 16 September 2013. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 28 October 2013)
Received fee of £200 on 24 January 2014. Hours: 1.5 hrs. (Registered 30 January 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register