A selection of Andy Sawford's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Details
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Details
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Andy Sawford never rebelled against their party in this parliament
I thank the Minister for generously giving way, especially as the debate was secured by the hon. Member for Kettering. The Minister makes a point about efficiencies, but will he comment on the issue of geography, which we have not really touched on? We have talked about demand, but this is a critical issue for north Northamptonshire. The geography of our area is such that for people to have...
I thank the hon. Gentleman for his kind remarks about our cross-party working, which our constituents throughout north Northamptonshire welcome. It has helped us in our approaches to the Minister and local health partners, and in bringing them together. On the point about population, does the hon. Gentleman agree that we should emphasise the fact that as well as having, like most of the...
The hon. Gentleman will have been struck, as I was, at being told that the accident and emergency department was built for 20,000 patient visits a year, given that recent figure of 84,000. I endorse his remarks about change and progress in the past few years. To what does he attribute that? He mentioned the staff, and I agree. There has also been a change in the leadership of the hospital....
More of Andy Sawford’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Corby
Entered House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Local Government Finance
- Social Security Benefits
- Community Orders: Greater London
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 69 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 137 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 15 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from