This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Andy Sawford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Corby
- Entered Parliament on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Andy Sawford
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Andy Sawford voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Communities and Local Government, Work and Pensions, Justice, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Community Orders: Greater London, Social Security Benefits, Conditions of Employment, Community Land Trusts, Accident and Emergency Departments: Kettering
(based on written questions asked by Andy Sawford and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Local Audit and AccountabilityBill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (19 out of 19)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (5 Dec 2013)
“Is the Secretary of State aware of the latest scam hitting agency workers in my constituency and around the country, whereby they are deducted £2.50 a week for personal accident insurance, even though the cost to the agency is a fraction of that and the worker is already covered by employer’s liability insurance? Will he look into that and put a stop to it?”
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
“My hon. Friend is raising an incredibly important point. There were 173,000 appeals this financial year still waiting to be dealt with at the Valuation Office Agency, and 170,000 at the Valuation Tribunal Service. The review should be very quick, otherwise businesses will go under.”
- Podiatry Services (4 Dec 2013)
“On the point about misunderstandings, the Minister is right. I do not want to alarm people across my area about services that they may still be able to access, but will she look at this issue in relation to Northamptonshire? If she has any opportunity to talk to the local CCGs or Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, will she ask them to make clearer what guidance there is and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 88 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 120 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andy Sawford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 70 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register