A selection of Andy Sawford's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andy Sawford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andy Sawford’s full vote analysis page for more.
I thank the Minister for generously giving way, especially as the debate was secured by the hon. Member for Kettering. The Minister makes a point about efficiencies, but will he comment on the issue of geography, which we have not really touched on? We have talked about demand, but this is a critical issue for north Northamptonshire. The geography of our area is such that for people to have...
I thank the hon. Gentleman for his kind remarks about our cross-party working, which our constituents throughout north Northamptonshire welcome. It has helped us in our approaches to the Minister and local health partners, and in bringing them together. On the point about population, does the hon. Gentleman agree that we should emphasise the fact that as well as having, like most of the...
The hon. Gentleman will have been struck, as I was, at being told that the accident and emergency department was built for 20,000 patient visits a year, given that recent figure of 84,000. I endorse his remarks about change and progress in the past few years. To what does he attribute that? He mentioned the staff, and I agree. There has also been a change in the leadership of the hospital....
More of Andy Sawford’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Corby
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Local Government Finance
- Social Security Benefits
- Community Orders: Greater London
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Andy Sawford’s speeches
- Has received answers to 65 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 137 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from