Never rebels against their party in this parliament
How Stephen Doughty voted on key issues
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted for a smoking banDetails
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
More on their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what the average ratio of prison officers to inmates in prisons in England and Wales was in June 2013.
My right hon. Friend makes a crucial point. Are the bridges not also a crucial European transport road link to the Republic of Ireland? There are benefits from and consequences for that crucial trade link. Access to Cardiff airport is also important and needs to be considered.
I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing an excellent debate on a crucial issue, and I endorse all the points that she has made so far. She has mentioned individuals, but does she agree that we are also hearing increasingly from businesses? In particular, the Freight Transport Association, which has 700 members across Wales—many of them in my constituency—has talked about the...
More of Stephen Doughty's recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Home Department
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- European Investment Bank
- Food Banks
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 93 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 23 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 52 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)