How Stephen Doughty voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Get email notifications when Stephen Doughty votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Doughty never rebelled against their party in this parliament
On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. I wonder whether you could provide some guidance. Is it not the practice and the courtesy of the House for Members to give way to Front Benchers who wish to intervene? The hon. Gentleman does not seem to want to let anybody on the Opposition Benches intervene and there is a Front Bencher indicating—[Interruption.]
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Stephen Doughty's recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- International Development
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- European Investment Bank
- Food Banks
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 82 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Cardiff South
and Penarth CLP
, c/o Anthony Martin, Constituency Treasurer
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising dinner for my constituency party. The total raised was £1,530.60 (which includes no individual registrable donations).
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 30 May 2014)
Unremunerated trustee, Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 1 May 2014)
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 1 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from