How Stephen Doughty voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Doughty never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Prime Minister has been clear today about his views on Hamas’s conduct, but I would like to give him the opportunity to be clear with the House about his views on Israel’s conduct. Given what we have seen over the weekend, does he believe Israel is acting in accordance with international law, the Geneva conventions —including on access for the Red Cross—and...
I also associate myself with the Minister’s initial comments. He and the Home Secretary will be aware that a number of organisations that operate in Cardiff have recently been proscribed. Will the Minister clarify the names of those organisations and outline how he intends to ensure that individuals involved in them do not simply rebrand themselves and go under other organisational...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many claimants (a) received an overpayment of widowed parent's allowance and (b) were prosecuted for benefit fraud in respect of that allowance in each of the last five years.
More of Stephen Doughty's recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Home Department
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- European Investment Bank
- Food Banks
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 84 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.39% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Cardiff South
and Penarth CLP
, c/o Anthony Martin, Constituency Treasurer
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising dinner for my constituency party. The total raised was £1,530.60 (which includes no individual registrable donations).
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 30 May 2014)
Unremunerated trustee, Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 1 May 2014)
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 1 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.