How Stephen Doughty voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Stephen Doughty speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Doughty never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Prime Minister, who attended official overseas events on behalf of (a) himself and (b) other Government Ministers at official overseas events in each year since 2010; what the name was of each such person; and on which date each such event took place.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what the date of closure was of each court building which closed but was not disposed of between May 2010 and 30 June 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how much his Department has spent on teaching English in each year since 2010.
More of Stephen Doughty's recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- International Development
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- European Investment Bank
- Food Banks
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 97 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Cardiff South
and Penarth CLP
, c/o Anthony Martin, Constituency Treasurer
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising dinner for my constituency party. The total raised was £1,530.60 (which includes no individual registrable donations).
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 30 May 2014)
Unremunerated trustee, Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 1 May 2014)
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 1 May 2014)
Vice-President (unremunerated) of The Penarth Civic Society (Registered 4 June 2014)
Member (unremunerated), ACT
Schools Governance Committee, Cardiff. (Registered 20 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from