A selection of Stephen Doughty's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted moderately for more EU integration Details
Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Details
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Stephen Doughty never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will the Minister give way?
First, I welcome the new Under-Secretary of State for Women and Equalities and Family Justice, the hon. Member for Gosport (Caroline Dinenage) to her place and look forward to hearing from her shortly. It has been an excellent debate today and we have heard many thoughtful and passionate contributions, on which I will reflect shortly, but I begin by paying tribute to all those in the House...
The Chancellor says that he supports modern industrial policy and the Prime Minister has said that he wants an active industrial policy, but, according to the Financial Times,the new Business Secretary has told officials in the Department that they should not talk about industrial policy. Now we hear him talking about an “approach”. Can he tell industries around the country...
More of Stephen Doughty’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Cardiff South and Penarth
Entered the House of Commons on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- International Development
- Dominican Republic
- Public Expenditure
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- Food: Theft
- European Investment Bank
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 73 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 36 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Doughty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 92 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Cardiff South and Penarth CLP
, c/o Anthony Martin, Constituency Treasurer
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising dinner for my constituency party. The total raised was £1,530.60 (which includes no individual registrable donations).
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 30 May 2014)
Unremunerated trustee, Moorland Day Centre, Cardiff. (Registered 16 December 2012)
Patron of Penarth and District Lesotho Trust (Registered 1 May 2014)
(unremunerated) of the Cardiff and District United Nations Association (Registered 1 May 2014)
Vice-President (unremunerated) of The Penarth Civic Society (Registered 4 June 2014)
Member (unremunerated), ACT
Schools Governance Committee, Cardiff. (Registered 20 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from