Never rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lucy Powell voted on key issues
- Voted against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted for a smoking banDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
More on their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Education what level of inspection fees for (a) individual childminders and (b) childminder agencies Ofsted are considering; and how much it costs Ofsted to carry out inspections of each type of childcare provision.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education what estimate he has made of the number of additional early years education places in London resulting from the £8 million funding announced by his Department on 18 December 2013.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer when he plans to publish the Government’s response to his Department’s consultation on tax-free childcare.
More of Lucy Powell's recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester Central
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Innovation and Skills
- Children: Day Care
- Pre-school Education
- Child Minding
- Health Visitors
- Universal Credit
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (26 Nov 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Feb 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: PO Box
31966, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Travel and accommodation with a value of £3,500
Destination of visit: United Arab Emirates
Date of visit: 23-26 March 2013
Purpose of visit: Visit of the UAE All-Party Group, to meet Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council
and senior business figures together with British diplomats in order to build on the bilateral relationship and promote trade and investment ties.
(Registered 16 April 2013)
Shareholder and unremunerated director of company New Road Management which owns the freehold of 6 flats on Camberwell New Road, London. (Registered 13 December 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register