This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lucy Powell’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Manchester Central
- Shadow Minister (Education) (since 7 Oct 2013) (note about dates)
We’re missing a photo of Lucy Powell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Lucy Powell
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lucy Powell voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education, Treasury, Health, Culture Media and Sport, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Children: Day Care, Universal Credit, Health Visitors, Betting Shops, Science Museum Group
(based on written questions asked by Lucy Powell and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (16 out of 19)
- Written Answers — Treasury: Children: Day Care (12 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how many companies received tax relief for workplace nurseries in the last period for which figures are available; and what the average amount of such relief was.”
- Written Answers — Education: Children: Day Care (12 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education how many people applied to the early years apprenticeship bursary scheme between 5 September and 22 November 2013; how many people have applied to that scheme since 23 November 2013; how many childcare settings the National College of Teaching and Leadership has identified which are willing to take on an apprentice; and what funding has been...”
- Written Answers — Education: Pre-school Education (12 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education (1) how many children took part in the early education pilot for disadvantaged two-year-old children before September 2013; and how many of the two-year-olds taking up the free early education offer from September 2013 (a) were new to the scheme and (b) took part in that pilot; (2) what assessment he has made of the number of two-year-olds...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 64 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 43.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lucy Powell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 16 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register