How Seema Malhotra voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Seema Malhotra hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Yesterday I held a meeting with a range of British businesses on their experience of support for trade in India. They did not have a good story to tell about the signposting and advice of UK Trade & Investment and other agencies. Is the Minister concerned about UKTI’s budget plans and the support that it provides if the experience of British businesses is not positive?
To ask the Attorney-General what the average timescale was for the Crown Prosecution Service to provide the Metropolitan Police Service with advice on criminal charges against members of the public suspected of involvement in serious crimes in (a) 2011 to 2013 and (b) 2008 to 2010.
To ask the Attorney-General how and on what basis the Crown Prosecution Service decides whether to prioritise the allocation of resources to its decision-making on criminal charges following conclusions of unlawful killing at an inquest or public inquiry; and whether there is additional consideration where the events in question occurred more than three years prior to the conclusion of the...
More of Seema Malhotra's recent appearances
Labour MP for Feltham and Heston
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work Experience
- Public Appointments
- Young Offender Institutions
- Children: Day Care
- New Enterprise Allowance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Feb 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 80 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Seema Malhotra’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Hayre Investment Limited
(a) Address of donor: Hayre House, 5-7 Bath Road, Heathrow, Middx
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000 sponsorship for fundraiser
(a) Donor status: company, registration no 05573176
(a) (Registered 10 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in London SW3
; and a residential property in Brentford from which rental income is received. (Registered 22 December 2011)
International Women’s Day Women in Business reception on 12 March 2013 funded by Punjab National Bank attended by approx 120 women from a range of business backgrounds. Value: £535. (Registered 8 April 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.