This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Seema Malhotra’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Feltham and Heston
We’re missing a photo of Seema Malhotra. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 16 December 2011 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Seema Malhotra
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Seema Malhotra voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Justice, Education, Business, Innovation and Skills, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Public Appointments, Young Offender Institutions, Children: Day Care, New Enterprise Allowance, Vitamin D
(based on written questions asked by Seema Malhotra and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (11 out of 14)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“Evidence from Citizens Advice showed that last year citizens advice bureaux received 92,000 inquiries about fuel debt and 81,000 about water debt and that the four months to June this year saw a 78% rise in the number of people inquiring about food banks. Does the Chancellor agree that, with families on average £1,600 a year worse off, this is an unbalanced recovery, and does he regret...”
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
“Will my hon. Friend give way?”
- Business Rates (4 Dec 2013)
“The British Retail Consortium has estimated that the business rate increase in April could mean that there is an increase of £240 million per annum, which could put more than 19,000 full-time jobs at risk. Does my hon. Friend share my concern that that will have a detrimental impact on retailers in our constituencies?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 63 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Seema Malhotra’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
International Women’s Day Women in Business reception on 12 March 2013 funded by Punjab National Bank attended by approx 120 women from a range of business backgrounds. Value: £535. (Registered 8 April 2013)
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register