Dan Jarvis’s voting in Parliament
Dan Jarvis is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Dan Jarvis’s votes.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dan Jarvis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dan Jarvis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Dan Jarvis never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans she has to increase the number of counter-terrorism officers stationed abroad.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will extend the special rules for attendance allowance to include those suffering from significant brain injuries.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what his policy is on implementation of EU rules on domestic bus driving hours.
More of Dan Jarvis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
Entered the House of Commons on 4 March 2011 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Ministry of Justice
- Design Services
- Youth Custody
- Secure Colleges
- Young Offenders
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (21 Mar 2011 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 369 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from