How Dan Jarvis voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Dan Jarvis hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice pursuant to the answer of 26 June 2014, Official Report, column 305W, on Homicide: victim support schemes, how many victims bereaved by homicide received support from the National Homicide Service in England and Wales in each year since May 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many young offenders have been tried before (a) adult magistrates' courts and (b) Crown courts in England and Wales in each year since 2010. [R]
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice in how many cases involving adults and children jointly charged, the child co-defendants were tried together with the adults in (a) an adult magistrates’ court and (b) a Crown court. [R]
More of Dan Jarvis's recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
Entered House of Commons on 4 March 2011 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Design Services
- Young Offenders
- Public Libraries
- Departmental Publications
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (21 Mar 2011 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 384 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 70 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Received £600 from ITV Services Ltd, Quay Street, Manchester, M60 9EA
for appearance on University Challenge
on 23 December 2013. Hours: 3 hrs. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 7 January 2014)
(a) Address of donor: c/o 9 Mary Ann Close, Cundy Cross, Barnsley S71 5RA
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising event on 8 October 2013 for the benefit of Barnsley Central CLP
and one other Constituency Labour Party, in support of myself and the prospective parliamentary candidate in that constituency. The total raised was £8,664, which included no individual registrable donations, and Barnsley Central CLP received £4,332.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 31 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.