Dan Jarvis’s voting in Parliament
Dan Jarvis is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Dan Jarvis’s votes.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dan Jarvis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dan Jarvis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Dan Jarvis never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans she has to increase the number of counter-terrorism officers stationed abroad.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will extend the special rules for attendance allowance to include those suffering from significant brain injuries.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what his policy is on implementation of EU rules on domestic bus driving hours.
More of Dan Jarvis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
Entered the House of Commons on 4 March 2011 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Ministry of Justice
- Design Services
- Youth Custody
- Secure Colleges
- Young Offenders
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (21 Mar 2011 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 369 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London S1P 3JA. Unless stated otherwise, all fees paid direct to charity:
£75 received on 29 July 2014 for survey completed on 6 Jun 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 14 October 2014)
£90 received on 22 August 2014 for survey completed on 19 March 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 14 October 2014)
£75 received on 29 December 2014 for survey completed on 3 November 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 16 March 2015)
£75 received on 12 February 2015 for survey completed on 18 December 2014. Hours: 15 mins. Paid direct to Barnsley Central CLP
. (Registered 16 March 2015)
21 June 2015, received £811.08 from Biteback Publishing, Westminster Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP, for editing a book. This payment will be used to meet some of the costs of my office.Hours: 60 non-consecutive hours over 2 months. (Registered 27 July 2015)
25 June 2015, received £300 from Guardian News and Media Ltd, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU, for an article. This payment will be used to meet some of the costs of my office. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 27 July 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Rachel Jarvis, as part-time Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from