How Dan Jarvis voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Dan Jarvis hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what discussions the Government has had with the government of Russia on the failure of certain Russian companies to fulfil their obligations in relation to pension payments to UK citizens following those companies acquiring the assets of UK businesses.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what information his Department holds on the number of (a) aggravated assaults against members of the armed forces and (b) times members of the armed forces were discriminated against in bars, restaurants and hotels in each year since 2003.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if she will redraft the code governing detention of teenagers under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 to ensure that 17 year olds in custody are treated as teenagers by the police.
More of Dan Jarvis's recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Design Services
- Public Libraries
- Young Offenders
- Departmental Publications
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (21 Mar 2011 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 426 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Opinion surveys completed for ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.
Payment of £75 for survey on 14 November 2012. Hours: 15 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 25 April 2013)
Payment of £75 for survey on 17 December 2012. Hours: 15 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 25 April 2013)
Payment of £75 for survey on 18 January 2013. Hours: 15 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 25 April 2013)
Payment of £75 for survey on 4 March 2013. Hours: 15 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 25 April 2013)
Received £600 from ITV Services Ltd, Quay Street, Manchester, M60 9EA
for appearance on University Challenge
on 23 December 2013. Hours: 3 hrs. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 7 January 2014)
(a) Address of donor: c/o 9 Mary Ann Close, Cundy Cross, Barnsley S71 5RA
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising event on 8 October 2013 for the benefit of Barnsley Central CLP
and one other Constituency Labour Party, in support of myself and the prospective parliamentary candidate in that constituency. The total raised was £8,664, which included no individual registrable donations, and Barnsley Central CLP received £4,332.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 31 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.