This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
- Entered Parliament on 4 March 2011 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Dan Jarvis
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Dan Jarvis voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Culture Media and Sport, Justice, Health, Education, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Arts, Design Services, Public Libraries, Departmental Publications, Research
(based on written questions asked by Dan Jarvis and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Live Music Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Home Department: Crime (4 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department (1) what assessments she has made of the main root causes of crime; (2) what assessments she has made of links between criminality and (a) household poverty, (b) educational attainment, (c) unemployment, (d) family environment and (e) area deprivation.”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Industrial Accidents (4 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people have died over the last 10 years owing to workplace accidents in (a) Barnsley Central constituency, (b) South Yorkshire and (c) England.”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Winter Fuel Payments (4 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions at what level winter fuel payments were set in each category in each of the last five financial years.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 477 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 70.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 51 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register