To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, if he will support the erection of memorials to miners who lost their lives whilst working in the pits during the First and Second World Wars.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what assessment he has made of the effect of changes in funding to local authorities on their ability to support Armed Forces Community Covenants.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what support her Department provides to teaching professionals affected by work-related stress.
More of Dan Jarvis’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Barnsley Central
Entered House of Commons on 4 March 2011 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Ministry of Justice
- Design Services
- Youth Custody
- Young Offenders
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (21 Mar 2011 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 379 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 131 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Dan Jarvis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
14 May 2014, received payment of £150 from BBC
Contributor Payments, PO
Box 480, Manchester M14 0EL, for appearance on ‘Any Questions’ on 25 April 2014. Hours: 6 hrs including travel, preparation and recording. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 10 June 2014)
Payments from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London S1P 3JA. Unless stated otherwise, all fees paid direct to charity:
£75 received on 5 March 2014 for survey completed on 27 January 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 10 June 2014)
£75 received on 24 April 2014 for survey completed on 14 March 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 10 June 2014)
£70 received on 6 Jun 2014 for survey completed on 19 May 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 16 June 2014)
£75 received on 29 July 2014 for survey completed on 6 Jun 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 14 October 2014)
£90 received on 22 August 2014 for survey completed on 19 March 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 14 October 2014)
£75 received on 29 December 2014 for survey completed on 3 November 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 16 March 2015)
£75 received on 12 February 2015 for survey completed on 18 December 2014. Hours: 15 mins. Paid direct to Barnsley Central CLP. (Registered 16 March 2015)
Payments from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT. Fees paid directly to local charities:
£80 received on 4 June 2014 for survey completed on 15 May 2014. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 16 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from