How David Morris voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Morris occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Gibraltar (Martime Protection) Bill - Second reading – David Morris.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what estimate her Department has made of (a) the cost to set up and (b) annual running costs of full border control with Scotland.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what reports he has received of levels of council tax set by Lancaster district council for 2014-15.
More of David Morris's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Morecambe and Lunesdale: Funding
- Regeneration: Morecambe
- West Coast Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (3 Dec 2012 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and meals; cost £1,095
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 9-10 September 2013
Purpose of visit: to attend National Day Celebrations.
(Registered 31 October 2013)
Address of donor: c/o Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, 30-32 Charles St, London W1J 5DZ
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £5,292
Date of visit: 16-20 February 2014
Purpose of visit: all party parliamentary delegation at the invitation of the Shura Council
, to meet the Deputy Speaker
, Foreign Affairs Committee, Second Deputy Premier, government ministers and Governor of the Saudi Arabia Monetary Authority. Also to visit King Saud University
to discuss collaboration with UK
universities on de-radicalisation.
(Registered 12 March 2014)
8. Land and Property
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.