To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, for what reason improving the mandatory reconsideration process was not included within the scope of his Department's employment and support allowance repeat claims project.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate he has made of the number of individuals previously entitled to claim employment and support allowance who will claim jobseeker's allowance following the changes proposed by the employment and support allowance repeat claims project.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate he has made of the number of individuals previously entitled to claim employment and support allowance who will be entitled to but will not claim jobseeker's allowance following the changes proposed by the employment and support allowance repeat claims project.
More of Ian Lavery’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wansbeck
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Prison Service
- Rio Tinto Group
- Revenue and Customs
- East Coast Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 94 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 184 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 16 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Farm Labor Organising Committee, AFL
Address of donor: 4354 US Hwy. 117 Alt. S, Dudley, North Carolina, USA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £2,339.91
Destination of visit: Durham, North Carolina, USA
Date of visit: 25-30 July 2014
Purpose of visit: to meet with tobacco workers and American trade union officials to discuss issues of mutual interest with regards to UK
based companies supply chains.
(Registered 8 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from