Julian Smith’s voting in Parliament
Julian Smith is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Smith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Smith consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for Skipton and Ripon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Procurement
- Conditions of Employment
- EU Law
- Departmental Food
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 17 Jun 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Julian Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 120 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Vanguard Packing Ltd
Address of donor: Manner Sutton Street, Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 5DT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 5060185
(Registered 26 May 2015
Name of donor: Michael Abrahams
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: party on 25 July 2015
to thank my supporters, value £2,700
Donor status: individual
(Registered 26 August 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two residential properties in London: (i) and (ii). (Updated 23 April 2013
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
I have a 20% share in the executive recruitment company Arq International (formerly QuyDe Limited) set up by a former employee, which purchased the name of Arq International from my former company. This company was dissolved on 14 April 2015
(Updated 7 March 2012
, 2 July 2012
, 17 January 2013
and 27 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from