How Julian Smith voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Julian Smith occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
What steps he is taking to help small and medium-sized businesses to export.
Following the question from my hon. Friend the Member for Shipley (Philip Davies), will the Minister agree that the best way to exploit emerging markets is often through EU free trade agreements? In the light of that, will he support the all-party parliamentary group on European Union-United States trade and investment to ensure that small and micro businesses are front and centre in the...
The start-up loan scheme is one of the most inspirational business policies that this Government are pursuing. Can the small business Minister confirm that we are right behind it, we are putting more money into it and we will do everything we can to grow the scheme as much as possible?
More of Julian Smith's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Skipton and Ripon
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Procurement
- Conditions of Employment
- EU Law
- Departmental Food
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
8. Land and Property
Two residential properties in London, from which rental income is received. (Updated 23 April 2013)
(a) I have a 20% share in the executive recruitment company Arq International (formerly QuyDe Limited) set up by a former employee, which purchased the name of Arq International from my former company. (Updated 7 March 2012, 2 July 2012 and 17 January 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.