Chris White’s voting in Parliament
Chris White is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Chris White’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris White’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris White’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris White has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what progress has been made on the rollout of superfast broadband in (a) Warwick and (b) the Warwick and Leamington constituency.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what measures her Department has implemented to support children who are permanently excluded from school.
The Committees on Arms Export Controls have recently been reinstated and yesterday saw the first evidence session on the Yemen inquiry. May we have a debate on the importance of scrutiny of arms exports and the role of the Committees in that scrutiny?
More of Chris White’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Warwick and Leamington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
- Third Sector
- Social Enterprises
- Video Games
- Warwickshire Primary Care Trust
Currently held offices
- Chair, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (since 1 Dec 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Chris White’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris White’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from