A selection of Jackie Doyle-Price's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted moderately for more EU integration Details
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jackie Doyle-Price never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The hon. Member for Taunton Deane (Mr Browne) is no longer in his place, but I cannot speak without referring to his parting comments, which were characteristically wise. We would all do well to remember his observation that it is our job in this place to inspire, to bring out ideas, to bring beliefs and to bring ambition. It is not the job of people in this place just to do what is...
This morning I was contacted about a patient at Basildon hospital who was suffering from Parkinson’s disease and who, on asking for assistance to go to the toilet, was told by nurses that they were too busy, so he had to use his pad. He was left in some distress, and suffering from nappy rash. Does my right hon. Friend agree that, when we are developing a patient-centred culture in the...
My right hon. Friend recently visited Purfleet in my constituency where he saw the mile long fly tip that has been left following an unauthorised Traveller encampment. Does he agree it is important that the police and local authorities use the powers at their disposal so that public confidence in our justice system is maintained?
More of Jackie Doyle-Price’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Thurrock
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing: Tolls
- Thurrock Thames Gateway Development Corporation
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- River Thames: Bridges
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 8 Dec 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jackie Doyle-Price’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 117 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from