This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jackie Doyle-Price’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Thurrock
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jackie Doyle-Price
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jackie Doyle-Price voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Communities and Local Government, Education, Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Redundancy, Dartford-Thurrock Crossing: Tolls, Thurrock Thames Gateway Development Corporation, Dartford-Thurrock Crossing, British Nationals Abroad: Homicide
(based on written questions asked by Jackie Doyle-Price and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Immigration Bill Committee (10 out of 10)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (8 out of 9)
- Marine Navigation (No. 2) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- HGV Road User Levy Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
- Written Answers — Treasury: Members: Correspondence (26 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer when the hon. Member for Thurrock will receive a reply to her letter of 11 October 2013, addressed to Nick Lodge, Director-General HM Revenue and Customs, in respect of her constituents' tax credits.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (20 Nov 2013)
“My right hon. Friend will recall visiting the London Gateway port in Thurrock, which is now open for business, but is he as appalled as I am to hear that Unite is picketing the potential clients of that port and encouraging its sister unions to boycott any ship that docks there? Is that not more evidence that Unite’s bully-boy tactics cost jobs, not save them?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 89.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jackie Doyle-Price’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register