How Jackie Doyle-Price voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jackie Doyle-Price hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
We in this House can make whatever decisions we like, but unless the machinery of government is fit for purpose we will not achieve the policy outcomes we desire and we will not achieve value for money for the taxpayer. It is therefore very important that we come together and debate the future of the civil service to ensure that our machinery of government is fit for purpose in the 21st...
Was the right hon. Lady as impressed as I was by Michael Spurr, the new head of the National Offender Management Service, who started his career as a prison officer, has front-line experience and is now chief executive? He was a breath of fresh air when he appeared before our Committee, because he really focused on what we have to do to deliver good public services.
My hon. Friend has made many references to Sir Cyril’s conclusions on illicit tobacco, but what conversations did she have with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs and the UK Border Force before making this statement? At the port of Tilbury in my constituency, we are waging a war against tobacco smuggling, and my fear is that standardised packaging will make beating it in that war...
More of Jackie Doyle-Price's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Thurrock
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing: Tolls
- Thurrock Thames Gateway Development Corporation
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- British Nationals Abroad: Homicide
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 38 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jackie Doyle-Price’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 92 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(a) Name of donor: United and Cecil Club
(a) Address of donor: Beckfield, Crouch Lane, Winfield, Windsor SL4 4TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: members’ association
(a) (Registered 14 November 2013)
6. Overseas visits
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation; value £3,500
Destination of visit: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Date of visit: 15-20 November 2013
Purpose of visit: to build on UK
/UAE bilateral relationship and further promote trade and investment ties.
(Registered 28 November 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.