Teresa Pearce’s voting in Parliament
Teresa Pearce is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Teresa Pearce’s votes.
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Teresa Pearce’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Teresa Pearce’s full vote analysis page for more.
Teresa Pearce never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Compulsory Emergency First Aid Education (State-funded Secondary Schools) Bill - 2nd reading – Teresa Pearce.
As far as I am aware, the Minister has not answered the question about the delay in issuing the report. If he cannot answer now, will he put a note in the Library and explain the reason for that delay?
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether any prisoners in HM Prisons have been deprived of (a) water and (b) electricity by prison officials as a disciplinary measure in the last five years.
More of Teresa Pearce’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Erith and Thamesmead
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Students: Finance
- Employment Schemes
- Social Security Benefits: Fraud
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (Housing) (since 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 7 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 76.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Teresa Pearce’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
£2,500 received from Link Scheme, 4 Cardlake Park, Beckwith Head Road, Harrogate HG3 1RY, for attending meetings of the Link Consumer Credit Council, in my capacity as a Senior Independent Member. Fee paid direct to a community organisation. Hours: approx. 6 hrs between August 2014 and February 2015. (Registered 23 January 2015)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: GMB National Office, 22 Stephenson Way, Euston NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,840
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 26 January 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my partner, Paul O’Neil, as Constituency
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from