How Teresa Pearce voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when Teresa Pearce speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Teresa Pearce hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a privilege to have this debate under your chairmanship, Sir Roger. I am pleased to see other Members here today to discuss such an important issue. I will try to keep the length of my speech to a minimum since I have several questions that I would like the Minister to respond to. I will start by reflecting on what a personal independence payment is and what it is meant to do. The...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate his Department has made of how many people will claim jobseeker's allowance as a result of no longer being able to claim the employment and support allowance (ESA) assessment rate when applying for ESA after being found fit for work.
More of Teresa Pearce's recent appearances
Labour MP for Erith and Thamesmead
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Students: Finance
- Employment Schemes
- Social Security Benefits: Fraud
Currently held offices
- Member, Treasury Committee
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 72 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 69.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Teresa Pearce’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from