Teresa Pearce’s voting in Parliament
Teresa Pearce is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Teresa Pearce’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Teresa Pearce’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Teresa Pearce’s full vote analysis page for more.
Teresa Pearce never rebelled against their party in this parliament
What estimate he has made of the number of people who will receive a net reduction in income as a result of the policies on tax credits announced in the summer Budget 2015.
Many large, profit-making employers currently pay low wages and enjoy a state subsidy of their staff costs via the tax credit system. What ideas and options did the Treasury team consider for clawing back that subsidy from the employers before it decided to take it from the low paid?
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Teresa Pearce’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Erith and Thamesmead
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Students: Finance
- Employment Schemes
- Social Security Benefits: Fraud
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 47 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 75.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Teresa Pearce’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
£2,500 received from Link Scheme, 4 Cardlake Park, Beckwith Head Road, Harrogate HG3 1RY, for attending meetings of the Link Consumer Credit Council, in my capacity as a Senior Independent Member. Fee paid direct to a community organisation. Hours: approx. 6 hrs between August 2014 and February 2015. (Registered 23 January 2015)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: GMB National Office, 22 Stephenson Way, Euston NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,840
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 26 January 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my partner, Paul O’Neil, as Constituency
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from