This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Richard Harrington’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Watford
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Richard Harrington
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Richard Harrington voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills, Work and Pensions, Treasury, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Shared Ownership Schemes, Business: Government Assistance, Higher Education: Watford, Employment Schemes: Watford, Israel
(based on written questions asked by Richard Harrington and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Business of the House: Autumn Statement (5 Dec 2013)
“In Watford, as I am sure my right hon. Friend the Chancellor is aware, unemployment is coming down every month, the number of apprenticeships has doubled in the past two years, a new university technical college is opening, and the Government are investing significant capital expenditure on infrastructure in the shape of the Croxley rail link. It seems that the shadow Chancellor’s...”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Bradford and Bingley (2 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how many former shareholders of Bradford & Bingley Building Society at the time of its nationalisation in 2008 lived in (a) the UK and (b) Watford constituency.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Harrington’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 72 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register