If women set up businesses at the same rate as men there would be 1 million extra entrepreneurs in this country, adding about £60 billion a year to our economy. What is stopping the Secretary of State putting into practice the Liberal Democrat Burt report recommendations on monitoring whether the Government are buying from women in their own supply chain to help to bridge that gap?
Whipps Cross is my local hospital. I have been a patient there and my family have been patients there, as have friends and neighbours. I join the right hon. Member for Chingford and Woodford Green (Mr Duncan Smith) and my hon. Friend the Member for Leyton and Wanstead (John Cryer) in being horrified at what I am sure they would see as the Minister’s insulting response to this issue....
Will the Minister give way?
More of Stella Creasy's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Walthamstow
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Private Finance Initiative
- Private Finance Initiative
- Domestic Violence
- Violence Against Women and Girls Ministerial Group
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (26 Jan 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 24 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 191 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 207 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payment of £150, plus £106.38 travelling expenses, from the Royal Shakespeare Company, Waterside, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6BB, for a speaking engagement. Payment donated to local initiative. Hours: 4 hrs preparation and 1 hr event, 5 hrs in total. (Registered 3 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from