How David Ward voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Get email notifications when David Ward speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Ward quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
Off-Road Vehicles (Registration) Bill - Second reading – David Ward.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, if he will ensure that women who worked in munitions factories during World War Two receive a medal to mark their contribution to the war effort.
It is customary in these debates to ask the Minister for answers or information, but I want to ask him not to do something: not to tell us how he has urged this or condemned that. I ask him and the Government to be agents of change, because unless we do something differently, no change will be brought about. The UK can be an agent of change. We all know that the Balfour declaration was...
More of David Ward's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Bradford East
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Kings Science Academy
- Free Schools
- Entry Clearances
- Driving: Young People
Currently held offices
- Member, Education Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 82 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 66.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Ward’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 104 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Feb 2015.
(a) Name of donor: Mr Edward Powell
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 3 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Bradford.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from