How David Ward voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when David Ward speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Ward quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
Off-Road Vehicles (Registration) Bill - Second reading – David Ward.
Is the right hon. Lady aware of the distrust and suspicion in some communities of what might happen? After the Bradford riots, many parents escorted their children to the police thinking they would get told off, but they ended up with long, extended prison sentences for actions that, at the beginning of the day, were simply not in the minds of those young people. There is a danger that people...
What steps his Department is taking to improve the regulation of claims management companies.
More of David Ward's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Bradford East
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Kings Science Academy
- Free Schools
- Entry Clearances
- Driving Offences: Insurance
Currently held offices
- Member, Education Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 98 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Ward’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 99 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Mr Edward Powell
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 3 December 2014 )
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor:
Council for European-Palestinian Relations
Address of donor:
8 Duncannon Street, Golden Cross House, London WC2N 4JF, UK
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel costs, accommodation and subsistence, with a value of £997
Date of visit: 9-11 November 2013
Purpose of visit: Assessing the conditions faced by refugees in Jordan and the effects of the Syrian Civil War and assessing the role of Jordan in the broader Arab-Israeli conflict.
(Registered 26 November 2013)
8. Land and Property
House in Bradford.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from