I accept what my right hon. Friend says about surveys, but the local authority surveys of Todmorden and Calder high schools are consistent. For decades, Todmorden high school has been prioritised streets ahead of Calder high, yet under the national surveys it is completely the other way around. Surely there is cause to look again at the national surveys of those two schools, because they are...
My predecessor, the Labour MP for Calder Valley, tried in vain for 13 years to convince her Government to rebuild both Calder and Todmorden high schools. The two schools have been at the top of the local authority priority list for many years, nay for decades. The problem with the previous Labour Government’s Building Schools for the Future programme was that these schools never hit the...
More of Craig Whittaker’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Calder Valley
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Energy and Climate Change
- Defence: Procurement
- Special Educational Needs
- Railways: Franchises
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Housing Benefit
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Able Marine Energy Park Development Consent Order 2014 Committee (9 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.39% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 169 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
Whittaker Consultants, 8 King Cross Street Halifax West Yorkshire HX1 2SH (not trading)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Carpet & Flooring Megastore
(b) Address of donor: Stercap House, Wakefield Road, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 1PU
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
(b) Date of receipt: 30 September 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 30 September 2014
(b) Donor status: company, registration 04295612
(b) (Registered 13 January 2015)
(b) Name of donor: Offshore Group Newcastle Ltd
(b) Address of donor: OGN
House, Hadrian Way, Wallsend NE28 6HL
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
(b) Date of receipt: 15 December 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 15 December 2014
(b) Donor status: company, registration 06390883
(b) (Registered 13 January 2015)
8. Land and Property
I receive rental income from two houses in Rastrick, Brighouse and two houses in Wyke, Bradford. (Updated 24 October 2012)
(a) Whittaker Consultants (not trading)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from