This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Tessa Munt’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for Wells
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Tessa Munt
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Tessa Munt voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on university tuition fees. votes
- Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Energy and Climate Change, Defence, Treasury, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Radiotherapy, Departmental Contracts, Cancer, Electricity, Trident
(based on written questions asked by Tessa Munt and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Education Bill Committee (21 out of 22)
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“One of my constituents was forced to spend six months on unemployment benefit while he waited for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency to process his medical, after which his large goods vehicle licence was returned to him. May we have a debate on the way in which the DVLA’s administration could be streamlined so that constituents like mine do not have to wait unnecessarily for...”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Boilers: Somerset (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change if he will provide a list of approved installer organisations able to install new oil boilers in Somerset under the Green Deal and energy company obligation schemes.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Energy Bills (2 Dec 2013)
“Does the Secretary of State agree that moving towards general taxation means that the cost of the social and environmental measures he wishes to take will be borne by those who are better off, rather than by people with very low incomes and vulnerable households, whom we seek to help?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 67 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 41 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 149 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tessa Munt’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register