The next Agriculture and Fisheries Council will be on 15 and 16 December in Brussels. My hon. Friend, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (George Eustice), will represent the UK. Richard Lochhead MSP and Michelle O’Neill MLA will also attend. There are both agriculture and fisheries items on this month’s agenda. The primary focus of...
Britain’s breweries are now exporting 1.1 billion pints to 113 countries every year. Thanks to UKTI’s efforts with the brewing industry, British beer is enjoyed around the world from Brussels to Buffalo to Bogota. Brewing is a valuable part of our £100 billion food and farming industry.
I would be pleased to work with my hon. Friend and Treasury colleagues on that issue. I was delighted to visit his constituency last week to see plans for a new tidal barrier in Lowestoft, and in future I look forward to visiting St Peter’s brewery and perhaps sampling some of its fine ales.
More of Elizabeth Truss's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- GCE A-level
- Higher Education: Admissions
- Maternity Pay
- Railways: East of England
- GCSE: Science
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Justice Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 76.84% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 137 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Elizabeth Truss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 189 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Norwich City Football club
Address of donor: Carrow Road, Norwich NR1 1JE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: box at football match and lunch for me and my husband; value £2,000
Date of receipt of donation: 24 September 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 26 December 2013
Donor status: company, registration 00154044
(Registered 6 January 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from