Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Defra's responsibility for fracking.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Dr Paul Leinster, Chief Executive, Environment Agency
The public sector is a significant buyer of food and catering services. This market offers an opportunity for Government to open up the market to allow more small businesses to compete for Government contracts, ensuring that our schoolchildren, hospital patients and soldiers are fed healthy, nutritious food that is produced to high standards, in an affordable way. Today, I will launch...
I start by paying tribute to my predecessor, the right hon. Member for North Shropshire (Mr Paterson), who did so much to champion British food and farming, improve the environment and promote rural growth. Mobile coverage is vital for rural businesses and households, and 99% of premises already receive 2G coverage. Our 3G mobile data coverage is better than that of many other European...
More of Elizabeth Truss's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- GCE A-level
- Higher Education: Admissions
- Maternity Pay
- Railways: East of England
- GCSE: Science
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Justice Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 78.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Elizabeth Truss’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 176 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Norwich City Football club
Address of donor : Carrow Road, Norwich NR1 1JE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: box at football match and lunch for me and my husband; value £2,000
Date of receipt of donation: 24 September 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 26 December 2013
Donor status: company, registration 00154044
(Registered 6 January 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.