Penny Mordaunt’s voting in Parliament
Penny Mordaunt is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Penny Mordaunt’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Penny Mordaunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Penny Mordaunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Penny Mordaunt never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Government keeps its assessments of Russian naval, air, ground and nuclear forces under appropriate review. Further details cannot be provided in the interests of national and international security.
An error has been identified in the written answer given on 13 July 2015. The correct answer should have been: To date, the Royal Navy has rescued 4,752 4,747 persons under its Search and Rescue mission in the Mediterranean. The Royal Navy does not record whether a rescued person is a refugee or an economic migrant; this is the responsibility of the receiving nation (in this...
To date, the Royal Navy has rescued 4,752 4,747 persons under its Search and Rescue mission in the Mediterranean. The Royal Navy does not record whether a rescued person is a refugee or an economic migrant; this is the responsibility of the receiving nation (in this instance, Italy). The Ministry of Defence does not hold overall statistics of all those rescued at sea by other nations.
More of Penny Mordaunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
- Cancer: Drugs
- Military Aircraft
- Bill of Rights
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Minister for the Armed Forces) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 9 Sep 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 75.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 150 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from