Does Penny Mordaunt respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Penny Mordaunt responded to a
medium proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Penny Mordaunt’s voting in Parliament
Penny Mordaunt is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Penny Mordaunt’s votes.
Generally voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Penny Mordaunt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Penny Mordaunt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Penny Mordaunt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Following its establishment in April 2015, 77th Brigade is planned to reach full operating capability in December 2019.
Russia is just one of a wide range of different nations that elements of 77th Brigade are studying in order to develop a deep understanding of their approach to operations. The focus is on specific aspects of these countries' operational concepts and doctrine including information warfare and the use of non-military means. As is normal for operational deployments overseas, personnel will only...
77th Brigade includes 10 members of the Naval Service (Royal Navy and Royal Marines) and 11 Royal Air Force personnel.
More of Penny Mordaunt’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
- Cancer: Drugs
- Military Aircraft
- Bill of Rights
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Minister for the Armed Forces) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 9 Sep 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Penny Mordaunt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 177 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from