How Penny Mordaunt voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Penny Mordaunt speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Penny Mordaunt hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I beg to move, That, for the purposes of any Act resulting from the Local Government (Religious etc. Observances) Bill, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of money provided by Parliament of any increase attributable to the Act in the sums payable under any other Act out of money so provided. May I associate myself with your remarks, Madam Deputy Speaker? The Government are keen that...
The Incident Recording System records information about every incident attended by Fire and Rescue Services. There were 28,034 accidental dwelling fires attended by Fire and Rescue Services in England during 2013/14. In 7,254 cases, the power source involved in the ignition was reported to have been electricity and the main cause deemed to have been misuse of electrical equipment or...
I am very happy to give those assurances—[Interruption.] We have done that.
More of Penny Mordaunt's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
Entered House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Deputy Prime Minister
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
- Cancer: Drugs
- Military Aircraft
- Bill of Rights
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Defence Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 16 Jul 2013)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 9 Sep 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 75.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 119 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from