Mike Freer’s voting in Parliament
Mike Freer is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Mike Freer’s votes.
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Freer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Freer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Freer has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
In November, the BMA promised to negotiate on Saturday pay. Has it kept that promise?
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, which (a) Ministers and (b) officials of his Department plan to attend the UN General Assembly high-level meeting on HIV/AIDS at the UN headquarters in New York in June 2016.
More of Mike Freer’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Finchley and Golders Green
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Billing
- Press: Subscriptions
- Mobile Phones
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 4 Feb 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 May 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Freer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Freer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 101 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Apr 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
6 January 2016
, received £1,000 from Studio Sixty Billion, 16 Short’s Gardens, London WC2H 9AU, for TV
appearance and preparation. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 11 January 2016)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: St. Medana Holdings
Address of donor: 1238 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0LH
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: company, registration 07868072
(Registered 08 June 2015
Name of donor: Mr Mick Davis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,500 towards my campaign expenses
Donor status: individual
(Registered 08 June 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
A house in Finchley, Barnet, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
A house in Region 32, south west France, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
A house in Dumfrieshire, owned jointly with my mother: (i). (Updated 07 June 2015)
Until 8 July 2015
, flat in Finchley, Barnet, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and (ii). (Registered 7 June 2015; updated 3 August 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from