David Mowat’s voting in Parliament
David Mowat is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Mowat sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Mowat consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Mowat’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Mowat’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Mowat has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Secretary of State’s consultation represents an important potential point-of-principle change. Will he tell the House whether the change to indexation alone will put the fund into surplus? If the fund is still in deficit after this change, is there not a possibility that a future PPF referral will mean a double whammy for the workforce?
Far and away the most dominant form of low-carbon electricity in Europe is nuclear power. In the context of nuclear innovation, will the Secretary of State update us on the small modular reactor competition?
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
More of David Mowat’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Warrington South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Public Expenditure
- Occupational Pensions
- Trade Fairs
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 7 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Financial Services Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Jul 2011 to 13 Dec 2011)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all David Mowat’s speeches
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.84% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 255 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Mowat’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 257 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from